D2KDay|usa sign up form
Why host an event:
1. It's practical. Nobody wants to talk about end of life choices, but it needs to get done. Talking about it in a group or using a D2KD event as a jumping off point can be a big help.
2. It's cathartic. We're all mortal, so let's stop pretending otherwise. Dying to Know Day helps raise awareness about the paperwork. Think about it this way: when you open a bank account, you’re asked to name a beneficiary. The same principal holds true for your body- it doesn’t matter how young or old you are, you need to have an Advance Directive, a Power of Attorney, a Will.
3. It's heroic. Be the person who reinvents death. Events are a terrific way to mobilize the community, your friends, colleagues, or family. Go online to see what others are doing or download some conversation starters.
What does signing up entail?
1. No obligation. Signing up tells the world you support death literacy. Each time someone signs up, we add a new listing to our map, which in turn, gives others incentive to register. While we expect you’ll do something ridiculously awesome, there’s no obligation.
2. Access and influence. You’ll join a growing creative community of change agents and be invited to submit ideas for our 2017 D2KDay|usa toolkit.
3. No rules. For some, closing your eyes, taking a long deep breath is plenty. For others, having a bunch of friends over for fondue and watching some of the videos posted on bevival is perfect. Point being, you can go big or go play cards with your mom. There is no “right way” to participate in D2KDay|usa.